Church of San Salvador, Getaria
This church is considered to be one of the great Gothic jewels of the Basque Country and has been a listed national monument since 1895. The building dates from at least the fourteenth century, although most of the current edifice was erected between the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries, and extensive work had to be undertaken in the nineteenth century to repair the damage caused during the Carlist Wars. It was here that the first Provincial Assemblies of Gipuzkoa met in 1397. The church has three naves, each divided into three sections. The presbytery is raised above the level of the rest.