Back

Door of the Arantzazu Basilica

Door of the Arantzazu Basilica
Ignatian Land

Door of the Arantzazu Basilica

In August 1950, the first stone was laid for the new basilica of Arantzazu.

In August 1950, the first stone was laid for the new basilica of Arantzazu. Eduardo Chillida created the four doors that provide access to the basilica. Practically sunk into the ground behind a steep staircase, the steely look of the doors suggests entering a subterranean chamber.

Links of interest